Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 22:08:49 EDT
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >(listname) notation as Editor does.  It would be handy in certain cases
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >to have a list for the moderators so they can talk among themselves
> >easily (when there are several).
>
> Would you please expound on this. What do you mean by "notation as
> editor does"? I am not familiar with this and what editor will do.

When you say Editor=(listname), all subscribers on the named list are
made editors.  One use for this is, as mentioned before, is to allow
posts from subscribers to go through without being reviewed, while
posts from non-subscribers go to an editor.  In this case, the list
name in parentheses is the same as the one whose header is being
defined.  But it can be another list too.  This can be useful when you
want to have a list for people who are editors of another list.  Then
you say Editor=(name-of-editors-list).  Then to add a new editor you
just add another subscriber to the editors list and the editors can use
the editors list for discusison among themselves.  You don't have to
update the list header to add another editor.

LISTSERV does not currently support Moderators=(listname).  That would
be convenient too.