John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 16:23:13 -0500
> We are in the process of moving our Listserv to a new domain.
> I was wondering if anyone knew if we could some how use a MX record to
> create an alias or some how forward our existing Listserv email
> address to our Listserv server in our new domain. Also if we have the
> ability to do this will Listserv be able to handle the messages.
>
> If the MX record is not the answer. Is there any other options?

The best way is use the New-List= Keyword   in the old header.

In this order...
Setup the list at the new location and move all the subscribers to it along with
anything else you need like mail templates, archives and such.
Then on your old list do a  DEL listname *@*
Then have the site maintainer edit your old header. He should delete any
unnecesary keywords and bscially all you would need is:

Owner= your@address
New-List= listname@newhost

This will forward all list and admin mail to the new location. Users will be
notified (when they post) of the new address but their messages will go
through. This MUST be done in the above order.

--
John Lyon
L-Soft international, Inc.