Joan Korenman <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Jun 1992 08:12:00 EDT
Earlier today, Phil Endacott wrote:

> For the first month of operation, TQM-L NOTEBOOK  is exceeding 600K.
> What problems will this cause for members to retrieve LOG9205??
> Also, doesn't 600K "choke" certain mailers along the way?  How have
> others dealt with very large NOTEBOOKS??  (fortunately, the "new" is
> wearing off and traffic is slowing down considerably!!) . . .Phil---

     When the monthly logfiles on WMST-L began to be too large, we simply
arranged to have WEEKLY logs instead.  Thus, to retrieve the log for the
first week in May, someone would request LOG9205A, or LOG9205B for the
second week, etc.  The listowner or maintainer should change the list's
header to read Notebook=Weekly.

	Joan Korenman        Internet: [log in to unmask]
                             Bitnet:   korenman@umbc