Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 16:57:31 -0600
I guess I wouldn't worry about it too much.  The problem is in their SMTP
box, so you can't do anything about it.  I'd guess the server is sick and
can't implement a command to receive the message properly, but that could
be way off.  Any way you look at it, it is their problem, and it might well
be solved by now.  Or, if not, they'd undoubtedly know pretty quickly.  The
only thing you could do was to look up the domain and contact them by
telephone.  But I know I wouldn't bother.

dan

At 03:35 PM 8/13/1997 -0700, you wrote:
>What in the world does this error message mean? It is the first time I've
>seen it.
>

>>--> Error description:
>>Error-for:  [log in to unmask]
>>Error-Code: 0
>>Error-Text: Mailer smtp.G-AND-O.COM said: "500 Command not implemented"
>>
>>Error-for:  [log in to unmask]
>>Error-Code: 0
>>Error-Text: Mailer smtp.G-AND-O.COM said: "500 Command not implemented"
>>
>>Error-for:  [log in to unmask]
>>Error-Code: 0
>>Error-Text: Mailer smtp.G-AND-O.COM said: "500 Command not implemented"
>>
>>Error-End:  3 errors reported.
>>

>Anita Cohen-Williams
>Listowner of HISTARCH, SUB-ARCH, and SPANBORD
>Contributing Editor, Anthropology, Suite101 <http://www.suite101.com>

Dan Lester
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534