"Accentuated Brandname Creativity, Inc." <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:36:24 -0400
Daniel,

>3. I hate sending a PW (personal listserv password). Is this MY password?

It is yours alone, but used for a very specific purpose. Having defined it
in a first interaction with the listserver, you will use it in all future
interactions in certain categories with the listserver. (Its use is simply
optional for some commands, such as that for switching your own list
subscription into and out of NoMail status around vacation time; in the
name of simplicity, you may prefer to use it even where it is optional.)

Ben wrote in part:

>It is necessary to include your password for a PUT command [o]r use the
>WWW interface to edit the template instead.

What he left unstated was that logging in to the Web interface pertaining
to the listserver requires that you input your e-mail address and this
same password; every time that you want to ...

>Click on List Management on the navigation menu bar

... you first have to log in to that page.

>5. Is there only one SUBEDIT-MAIN template with a PUT for each list?

There is just one SUBEDIT-MAIN template for each list. PUT is simply the
updating by e-mail of an edited-by-you file (be it a template or not)
for a list; specifically, you send this file to the listserver to complete
the update.

Ben wrote in part:

>Or edit via WWW interface

Yes, you can use the interface both to replace or otherwise alter the
content of the file and to take the completion step that PUT could instead
carry out.

Chuck Brandstater