Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 18:58:50 -0400
On 3 Jun 2003 at 18:30, Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Francoise, does this mean manuals will be only in pdf form or is pdf
> being added to the current list of formats?  I personally prefer the
> ascii text form because I can search it with Kedit in ways that Acrobat
> Reader can't do.

We would be hard-pressed to come up with a text version of this
manual, as it is heavy with graphics, since it is oriented to the web
interface. This manual is only available in PDF format, as will
future manuals that are graphically oriented.

PDF also provides some protection against copyright violations, so we
plan to push PDF for our more important documents.

Francoise