Karen Reznek <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 May 2003 11:55:31 -0400
Here is the (non)response I received from Earthlink when I asked:

As a listowner and an Earthlink customer I am concerned about your new
"permission-based" spam-blocking technology.

I understand that another listowner has written to you and been told that
(among other things) "Addresses only need to be added once before they
are permanently approved. Just make sure to keep sending your mailing
list from the same address, and you shouldn't have any problems with
delivering the list."

My list is set up to reply to the sender, not to the list. Will the To:
address be used as the address permission has been granted to, or will
each of the almost 1,000 listmembers have to be added to the approved
list separately?

Earthlink's second response (the first was a canned message on how to
report spam, after which I requested that they read my question):

The new filters are still being beta tested. Therefore, we have no
guarantee at this time as to the affect it may have. Please check to see
if your list is filtered. If it is, it would show in the blocked email
list when you check your spam. It would be filtered to the spaminator
area. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

--
Karen Reznek, *note new address* co-listowner - Asperger
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]