Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 16:13:50 -0700
At 02:00 PM 3/14/99 -0800, you wrote:
>On Sun, Mar 14, 1999 at 12:05:29PM -0700, Dan Lester wrote:
>> owner).  Note that I'm not suggesting that the copyright owner will object,
>> file suit, or anything else.  But I also firmly believe in teaching, and
>> doing our best, to do what is right and legal.
>
>Right and legal are not equivalent. Check
That may be....but try to tell the judge that even though it wasn't LEGAL
that it was RIGHT for you to be driving 100 mph on an empty freeway on a
dry, sunny day with unlimited visibility and that the darn cop should have
let you alone.  When you win that one, let me know.

>www.eldred.ne.mediaone.net/pr-1999-01-12.txt

Would have gladly read it if the URL worked.  I got "Cannot find server or
DNS Error" from IE5.

>for an example of how powerful corporate copyright holders (not the
>original authors) have legally stolen the public's constitutionally
>protected interest in having copyright expire after a period of years.

However, I'll bet it was another rant about the extension of copyright
recently.  If so, I'll agree with the rant....but once again, suggest that
people change laws rather than disobey them.....though that is YOUR
personal decision, your court appearance, your fine, your jail time, not mine.

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716-7115 USA 208-383-0165
[log in to unmask]   http://www.84.com/  http://www.idaholibraries.org/