Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 12:42:24 -0600
On 12/20/98 3:28 AM, Michael B Quinion <[log in to unmask]>
wrote...

>The only way I can think of is to make the e-mail address from
>which the CGI submissions would come a list owner and use the
>ADD command. Is this how people do it, or are there security
>implications in doing this? Is there a better way?

Doing an ADD command is very insecure.

Your best bet is to have the CGI put the subscriber's email address in
the From field, and just use a standard SUBSCRIBE command in the body.
Make sure your list is Subscription=Open,Confirm so as to avoid fake
requests, unless you're in a closed environment.

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
[log in to unmask] | "Logic is the art of going wrong with