Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 11 May 1996 17:19:26 -0500
Cloaks and Daggers <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>>I have been getting persistent error messages from America Online,
>>to the effect that "[log in to unmask]" is an unknown user.  However,
>>there is no
>>such user listed as a subscriber on the list in question.  If I try to
>>delete the specified ID, LISTSERV tells me that there is no
>>subscriber with
>>that address on the list; similarly a query for *@aol.com shows no
>>such subscriber.
>
>The problem with AOL is that it allows each user to set up a number of
>different mail boxes all within AOL. Consequently, (I think) that a
>subscriber to your list may subscribe under one such mail box/name/
>make submissions under yet a different one, and still, get his/her mail
>under still another such "user name".

No, it doesn't work that way. AOL screen names are entirely separate
addresses and have absolutely nothing (except for billing) to do with
each other.

--
Adam Bailey

   [log in to unmask]              [log in to unmask]
   [log in to unmask]      www.tezcat.com/~adamb

~I'm not paranoid, it's just that everyone's out to get me...~