Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Apr 1994 09:55:24 -0400
At  8:50 AM 4/14/94 -0400, Wes Morgan wrote:
>indirect.com is NOT owned by Carter & Siegel.  Their sole rela-
>tionship is that of service and customer.

Internet agreements make domain administraters (indirect.com's) responsible
for the behavior of their users.  If Indirect.Com's postmaster is
cooperative then such messages from C&S will cease--since this problem
apparently has been occuring for some while, it doesn't appear that relying
on domain administration is sufficient.

If it's possible to identify the particular user accounts that are, or can
be used, to send junk mail, then by all means filter just those.
Indirect.com isn't the only commercial service their customers can use.  If
Indirect.com (itself) can't address the problem of rogue users (after a
fair opportunity to do so), then I don't see why we shouldn't encourage
their customers to switch to an alternative.

/s Murph Sewall                                 (203) 486-2489 voice
   Marketing Department                         (203) 486-5246 fax