"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 24 Jun 1995 16:56:00 EDT
Ann:

You are subscribed to EASI under your

[log in to unmask]                "Ann Parsons"

I don't know if you also have a concealed subscription, nor
if the above has MAIL set.

Mail to you is sent via SJUVM's SMTP3@SJUVM, which means that
it is delivered to your MX hosts, of which there are two: one
at GEIS and the other at UU.NET.  (I have not checked for
DNS consistency though.)  RELAY.GEIS.COM does not have you listed
as one of its own users so it must forward your mail (or possibly
reject it).

As far as what happens up in Great White North, all Internet
mail from SJUVM is sent though INTERBIT i.e., (.CA) it traverses
Bitnet to an SMTP gateway NOT at SJUVM (probably CUNY).

sjuvm -> cuvma -> cuvmb -> cunyvmv2   -> one of 10 STMPs@CUNYVM
                           (INTERBIT)

which ends up going to the MX host JAZZ.EPAS.

--  co-owner INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
[log in to unmask]        "I get paid by the Byte"        +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. --   Penn State    -- University Park, PA 16802-1202 USA