"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 May 1994 13:05:00 EDT
you might want to edit and adapt for your users
(Thank to Bob Quinn, one of my co-owners for supplying.)
----
From:         [log in to unmask]
Subject:      Summer Vacations
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]
To:           Multiple recipients of list xxxxxx-L <[log in to unmask]>

It's getting to be that time of the year again when all of you are planning
and taking your summer vacations.  Please do a favor for us and
remember to turn off your xxxxxx-L distributions before you leave.  It'll
save us the burden of doing it for you when/if your mailbox overflows and
LISTSERV is unable to deliver to you.

Before you leave, send the following message to [log in to unmask]
or LISTSERV@xxxxxxxx:

       Set xxxxxx-L Nomail

When you return from vacation, you can turn yourself back on by sending:

       Set xxxxxx-L Mail           (If you're using the Digest, then
                                    substitute Digest in place of Mail)
                                               ******             ****
If you'd like to review the xxxxxx-L postings you missed while you were on
vacation, you can send the following commands to LISTSERV, substituting the
appropriate dates (with the volume of postings on xxxxxx-L, I'd only request
2 or 3 days at a time):

* -------------------------- clip here -----------------------------------*
//ListSrch JOB Echo=no
Database Search DD=Rules
//Rules DD *
Search * in xxxxxx-l from 1 June 94 to 3 June 94
Print
* -------------------------- clip here -----------------------------------*

One other (repeated) request:  When you feel it necessary to include text
from a previous xxxxxx-L posting, please make sure you remove the header
information from that posting to prevent LISTSERV from rejecting it.  Better
yet, you should make every effort to cut only the text relevent to your
posting from the prior posting.

Thank you - and have a good week!

xxx xxxxx
xxxxxx-L Owner