Joseph Georges <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Jul 1997 23:10:24 -0700
At 11:23 PM 7/14/97 -0400, Alperin, Glenn wrote:
>As for your other question, I hope somebody more versed >in listserv thn I
am will be able to help you.

The full text of the other type of delivery error message follows. Again,
as I mentioned in my original post, listserv still distributes the message
despite seeing it as identical to an earlier post. The delivery error
message to me is thus useless. If I resent the message to the list with the
suggested modifications,
I would be simply be circulating a copy of something that all subscribers
had seen.

Your message  is being returned to  you unprocessed because it  appears to
have already been distributed to the DIST_ED list. That is, a message with
identical
text (but  possibly with different  mail headers) has  been posted to  the
list recently, either by you or by someone else. If you have a good reason
to resend
this message  to the  list (for instance  because you have  been notified
of a hardware failure with  loss of data), please  alter the text of  the
message in
some way and resend  it to the list. Note that altering  the "Subject:"
line or adding blank lines at  the top or bottom of the message is not
sufficient; you
should  instead add  a  sentence or  two  at  the top  explaining  why you
are resending the  message, so that the  other subscribers understand why
they are
getting two copies of the same message.