Gabe Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 12 Jan 1997 21:24:08 -0500
On Sun, 12 Jan 1997, Stan Ryckman wrote:

> >> Well, we now know the meeting name, the place, and the time.  How about
> >> the date?
>
> >As the Subject line says, it's Wednesday, 1/15.
>
> No need to be so snide.

Wasn't meant to be so snide, just noted where the info had been provided,
in my outgoing note, in the digest in which I received it back, and in the
note asking me for the info. So I wondered whether it was less visible
depending on how one received/read the list, as you noted.

> Important stuff (i.e., that which you want people to read) belongs in the
> message body, not just the header.  Not everyone is going to guess to
> poke through the headers whenever the subject is overly long.

I guess I see digests in different format, notes are formatted normally,
showing sender/date/subject. Anyway, agreed that key info is better
repeated...

--
Gabriel Goldberg, Computers and Publishing, Inc.     Voice: (703) 556-9121
7718 Iroquois Court, Falls Church VA 22043-2516        FAX: (703) 556-0906