Sat, 14 Mar 1992 23:42:51 EST
On Fri, 13 Mar 1992 16:50:13 CST Rich Winkel said:
>Does listserv keep any statistics on the number of GETs for files
>in a filelist?  If so, how can they be retrieved?

This is easily done.  Here we log not only the count but also the date, time
and requestor.  To do this, follow the entries in your <filelist> FILEID
file with the word "GETLOG", e.g.:

FOOBAR EXEC FOOBAR EXEC E5/200 GETLOG

or do the same in the DEFAULT statement at the top:

*DEFAULT* X5/200 GETLOG

Put the following GETLOG EXEC on LISTSERV's 191 disk:

/* This file access validation exit logs user GET requests.           */
ADDRESS COMMAND
ARG , req origin filelist . "*" fn ft .
IF req ^= "GET1" THEN EXIT 0
entry = DATE("U") TIME() LEFT(filelist,8) LEFT(fn,8) LEFT(ft,8) origin
"EXECIO 1 DISKW" fn "GETLOG A1 0 (VAR ENTRY FINIS"
EXIT 0

When someone requests FOOBAR EXEC, an entry

12/19/89 11:50:33 FSV      FOOBAR   EXEC     [log in to unmask]

will be appended to file FOOBAR GETLOG, also on LISTSERV's 191 disk.

You can modify this exec to merely count entries, send MSG(NOH)'s to the
list owner and/or postmaster, etc., etc.