"Robert A. Hayden" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Mar 1994 11:28:11 -0600
I did as was suggested and read through the databasse looking for
information on the topics keyword.

I'm still somewhat confused

Let me tell you what I want to do.  On each of my four lists, I want to
create three topics, ADMIN, FAQ and one for everything else.

The reason is that lurkers usually set themself to digest and there is
little reason for them to get a copy of the FAQ two a month (high
turnover rate, it is needed that often).  So if I could set up an FAQ
topic and then those who don't want the FAQ could SET listname TOPIC -FAQ
(if I have the syntax right).  BUT(!!), it is my understanding that the
topics command doesn't apply to people on digest.

Is this the case, and if so, is there possible another way around that?

One thing I thought of, maybe, was to decrease the digest size to
something smaller than the FAQ size (say 600 lines).  Thus, when the FAQ
was released, it would be in a mailing by itself and they could easily
delete it without having to page through the digest looking for other
materials (which is the biggest complaint).  Would that work?  If so, how
would you implement a size-limited digest (or even, can you?)

Thanks for your time, everyone.

____        Robert A. Hayden          <=> [log in to unmask]
 \/  /   Finger for Geek Code Info    <=> In the United States, they
   \/  Finger for PGP 2.3a Public Key <=> first came for us in Colorado...
(GEEK CODE 1.0.1)  GAT d- -p+(---) c++(++++) l++ u++ e+/* m++(*)@ s-/++