Karen Reznek <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:25:56 -0500
Jean Bédard wrote the following on 2/18/2005 9:33 AM:

> Unless I'm mistaken, rejected *senders* don't appear in the bounce
> messages, only presumed *subscribers*.

Only half mistaken :-). If the listowner is having the same problem I
had, it is because spammers got a hold of the -request address. When the
automated response went out, it would bounce, and *that* would show up
on my error report. At last count there were so many of these that my
error reports became useless. I ended up turning off the automated
response (which hurt, because I had modified it and it was useful for
legitimate senders) so I could make sense of my error reports again.

I would love to see listowners have at least the option to turn of error
reporting from the -request address.
--
Karen Reznek, head listowner - Asperger
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]