john riehl <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 May 1994 16:22:30 PDT
On Mon, 23 May 1994 16:04:43 PDT Richard Peters - Acting DEAF-L Owner said:
>>It will be interesting to see how they handle hundreds (if not thousands)
>>of irritated sysadms (or users) changing their sendmail.cf file or incoming
>>filters to dump core files to their site everytime they receive mail from
>>them.........
>
>My guess would be they would handle it with legal action of some sort.

This is getting off the topic of discussion.  Right now, I dont know
of too many laws covering what can be sent over the net (other than
laws dealing with encryption information, and breaking into computers).
But then again, there is no law saying that if he tries to send me mail,
I cannot automatically generate a message saying I dont want any
advertisements.  (There is no law saying that I have to answer the phone,
and there is no law saying that I cannot call him back and tell me to
leave me alone).  There are some laws regarding direct marketing phone
solicitation, but I dont know if they would apply to this case.

What is the preferred manner of filtering all messages from the site?
I have listserv, lmail, and smtp.  I would prefer to add this in one
place.

jr
(john riehl)
('AAAAAAAAaHHHH  SPPPPPPPLAAAAAAAATTTTT' -- director's cut of 'Free Willy')