Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:15:41 -0500
I'll offer another perspective. Until recently, I could not afford an
email service with web access. I went though a BBS (which I still prefer
for reading mail) that cost me $40 a year. It didn't matter if I could
download the slickest, most up-to-date, fabulous browser out there -- I
would not have been able to make use of it.

I don't just do email for fun. I have two children with disabilities and
listservs have been a lifeline and an incredible resource for me. Had
the listowners decided that my presence was not welcome unless I was
willing to shell out the money for a more expensive service, I would
have have missed out on information that has been of great benefit to my
family.

I'm not willing to cut off our rural and non-USA members so others can
play with fancy fonts and backgrounds.

Karen

--
Karen Reznek