"David Crippen, MD" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Aug 1995 09:59:47 -1000
At 3:55 PM 8/2/95, So okada wrote:
>On Mon, 31 Jul 1995, Nathan Brindle wrote:
>
>> LISTSERV 1.8b servers did catch the spam.

I got a message from the server advising me that the enclosed message was
probably spam, and then:

"To be effective, a counter-measure must neutralize the spam
within  the first  five minutes.  Consequently, there  is no  time for  all the
LISTSERV  servers to  compare notes  with each  other before  acting, and  some
legitimate postings may be intercepted erroneously. If this is the case, simply
forward this message back to the list with an explanatory note".

So how does one send a text message back to the server?  It accepts only
specified commands.

David Crippen, MD, FCCM
Director, Surgical Critical Care
Department of Critical Care Medicine
St. Francis Medical Center
Pittsburgh, Pa  15201
Office:  (412) 622-6181
FAX: (412) 622-4877
Internet: [log in to unmask]

"And the more I know, the less I understand
All the things I thought I'd figured out , I have to learn again
Been trying to get down to the heart of the matter"

        Don Henley