Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Mar 1996 22:32:06 EST
On Tue, 5 Mar 1996 14:27:54 -0600 Ingrid H. Shafer said:
>I assumed that by now listowners were aware of this, and were watching out
>for the bogus subscriptions.  Apparently, this is not the case on a broad
>enough basis.  Any suggestions?

Well, just for your amusement:
I caught the bogus subs pretty much as they came in since I was at the computer
much of the time.  I sent our listowners a note mentioning what was going on,
and deleted the forgeries, but one listowner continued to argue with me for
much of the night: It seems that he was convinced that the whitehouse.gov
subscriptions were legitimate.  Even after I pointed out that it was rather
unlikely that Bill, Hillary, Newt and the rest all decided to subscribe to his
list at the same time, he wanted to add them back.  Seesh!

Bill
City University of New York