Jim Conklin <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Sep 1992 11:50:30 EDT
  The issue of maximum file size is not on the agenda for the Sept 22 CREN
Board meeting,  as there is no specific recommendation to present to the Board.
There was concern expressed by member(s) of CREN's Technical Advisory Committee
(I don't remember how many, or whether it was expressed at a meeting or in
mail) about the impact of such a change on those at the end of slow, and
sometimes packet-based, lines, and there has been no recommendation from the
CREN TAC (or from others that I recall, though I may have forgotten) to
present to the Board.
  A clear agreement as to both the desirability and the specifics of
any recommendation is necessary in order for board action.
 Is a discussion on NODMGT-L appropriate?  I believe, personally, that LSTOWN-L
may be too small a forum, though I may be incorrect.
  CREN TAC, do you care to enter the fray?
                                          Jim