Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Sep 1996 16:04:14 -0400
> Only one  "From:" field is allowed  in a RFC822 message.  LISTSERV cannot
> determine the origin,  so it cannot execute the command.  You need to get
> the gateway fixed.
>
>   Eric

Hmm.  Just looked at it.  Multiple "From:" appears to be legal, since
it's not explicitly prohibited (and text at the beginning says that
multiples are allowed unless explicitly prohibited).

Not only that, RFC 822 itself contains examples of "From:" fields
containing multiple addresses, so *that* is certainly legal.  My
presumption is that: