Deborah Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 19 May 2002 16:26:58 -0400
At 03:30 PM 19-05-02 -0400, Barbara wrote:
>I received a W32.Klez.H@mm virus with this message (two of which came at
>once).

Me, too, and Command Antivirus was unable to delete it. Note the file name.

  Scanning for known viruses in memory.
  Scanning MBR of hard disk 0
  Scanning boot sector of partition 0 on disk 0
  No viruses were found in MBRs or hard disk boot sectors.
  Viruses inside archives can not be removed/renamed/deleted.
  c:\PIPEPLUS\DOWNLOAD\Mylm.bat  Infection: W32/Klez.H@mm
  c:\PIPEPLUS\DOWNLOAD\Mylm.bat->exefile  could be a corrupted executable file
  c:\PIPEPLUS\DOWNLOAD\Mylm.bat  Infection: W32/Klez.H@mm
  Unable to remove the virus.

It was uuencoded, so Eudora turned it into text in the body of the message.
So, no attachment notation to alert me it was there, and Eudora put it in
my download folder. I deleted the file manually, always a tricky business
when you don't want to accidentally launch it. I'm wondering if I should
have; it didn't turn up in my Recycle folder when I went to empty it, and
Command has deleted or disinfected all the other versions of Klez that have
come to me.

Did I get rid of it? Anything I should know before I turn my computer off?

Cheers,
Deborah