Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:39:32 +1000
Hello all

further to the discussion about OzEmail.com.au's SPAM filtering that was had
a couple weeks ago...

Emails to [log in to unmask] asking "what's going on?" seemed to fall
into a black hole.  I didn't even get an automated response.  I ended up
ringing them on their customer support line where they cheerfully told me
that they *do* have a SPAM filter in place but that the helpdesk people
weren't able to shed any light on it's operation (and, no, they wouldn't
transfer me to their Operations Team...).  They told me to send the details
of my problem to this email address:

[log in to unmask] (original, huh?)

I did so, and also pointedly asked why they appeared to be arbitrarily
blocking LISTSERV sites around the globe.

The extremely helpful and explanatory reply I got back was:

<begin snip>

Thankyou for your email

In regards to the 554 error that you have advised us of, our operations
department have implemented a resolution that should resolve this. Please
either test this yourself or have it tested by the recipient and advise us
by return email if this has not been resolved.

Ozemail is not blocking mail from LISTSERV sites.

</end snip>

It just goes to show that North America hasn't got the monopoly on
brain-dead ISPs.

Anyway, the end result was that it appears they are no longer blocking mail
from my doamin.  If anyone else continues to have problems I'd suggest
sending a note to the address above and ask to be removed from the filter.
Hopefully you, too, will have a resolution implemented that will resolve
your problem.

--
Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.