Trish Forrest <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Apr 1995 09:10:21 -0400
On Tue, 18 Apr 1995, Anita Cohen-Williams wrote:

> Trish,
>     I guess it is in my destiny to wait. I tried to telnet to the US WWW site,
> got in, but got pure gibberish on my screen. I think I reached the tile.net
> site, but couldn't make it out through the semicolons all over the screen, and
> then it threw me out.
>     BTW, I am not using a Windows interface, but Kermit. Perhaps this accounts
> for my problems?

  No, from what you describe, Anita, the problem is 'terminal emulation'.
I just noticed that you are on a VM machine.  I believe tile.net is
a unix machine that does not recognize IBM- terminal type.  If you have
a pc on the Internet you can use the TN3270 to telnet, or login to a
unix machine if you have access to one.  Unfortunately, not all unix
machines on the internet have the software to recognize connections from
an IBM...and not all IBMs have the vt100 software emulation.
  If I come across a public www client on VM I'll let you know!

--Trish