Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 May 2001 09:47:58 -0400
On Tue, 29 May 2001, Laurijssens, F (Frank) wrote:

> Whose problem is it when your subscribers leave your list because they
> repeatedly receive viruses through it?

What is the frequency of such malicious emails being transmitted via
Listserv? On the Listserv I manage, I have yet to run into this problem.
Certainly, there needs to be a fix to this problem, but I think Microsoft
already addressed that vulnerability by giving its Outlook and Entourage
users the choice of not rendering any HTML in mail messages and also
turning off the preview feature. As such, I see this as being in the hands
of Microsoft and individual users.