Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 11:26:07 +0200
On     Fri,     27     Jun     1997    19:12:47     +1000     David     M
<[log in to unmask]> said:

>We are  currently running LISTSERV on  a SGI Challenge S  system that is
>doing many other things...

Expect the other things to stop being done once sendmail is in full swing
;-) Having to compete for resources with 200-300 sendmail processes tends
to put a damper on execution speed :-)

>I have noticed that  NT with Listserv and LSMTP is  quite fast and seems
>to handle large lists pretty well...  We have a Pentium Pro 200Mhz 128MB
>RAM with  windows NT  workstation that I  think I could  use to  run our
>LISTSERV.

Yes that would be a perfect system to run LSMTP on. This is what most new
mid-high volume LISTSERV sites buy nowadays.

>Is NT workstation 4.0 suitable or would NT server be required?

Well, the MS  licensing agreement requires you to use  the Server version
if you want more than 10 concurrent IP connections.

>What is the recommended service pack, if any?

SP2 or SP3.

  Eric