Tom Rawson <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 08:22:53 -0500
On 15 Nov 2001 Ben Parker wrote:

> The ,confirm (present or not) on Validate= will have no effect on Subscription=
> All subscription requests will be forwarded to the Owner(s) for approval as long
> as   Subscription= By owner or  Subscription= By_owner
>
> Validate= Yes,Confirm
>  will not require confirmation unless the user forgets to include a personal
> password with the command.  note that all commands executed via the WWW
> interface automatically include the personal password (after you have logged in)
> so they will be done without furhter confirmation.

Thanks.  I'm not sure if this is going to work or not.  The problem we found was that once we
went to subscription by owner, people who came to the web interface to join had to go through a
confirmation process -- I think for their new password -- at which point they, quite reaasonably,
thought they had also joined the list.  Then they had to wait for list owner approval, and they got
very confused and felt like they had to jum through too many hoops.  Is this right?  How many
steps are required of a brand new user with no password before the message goes to the list
owner (when joining via the web interface)?

-----
Tom Rawson           [log in to unmask]