Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 May 2007 11:22:20 -0400
On: Fri, May 11, 2007 at 10:16:48AM -0500,Winship Wrote:

} On Fri, 11 May 2007, Joyce Niblack wrote:
} > I want to thank everyone who responded.  Rich-I'm green with envy. I  am
} > operating on a windows XP home edition and will have to back up monthly  logs.  A
} > year at a time would be lovely.
}
} Well, via email, you can do it a year at a time.  Put all twelve GET
} commands in one email (the logs will be sent separately), just as I put
} fifteen commands for weekly logs in one command.  Took me two minutes, 32
} seconds.  That works out to about half an hour for ten years.
}
} You don't have to type each command, just the one for the first month of
} the year, then copy that line eleven times.  Go back to the second line
} and change the month, down to next line and change the month, ........
} Should be able to do that faster than I did for weekly logs as I changed
} two elements, you have to change only one.

What Douglas describes is essentially what I do.  I have the previous
year's GETs in a saved email and I just change the year and send it
again.

--
Rich Greenberg  N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com  + 1 239 543 1353
Eastern time.  N6LRT  I speak for myself & my dogs only.    VM'er since CP-67