Elizabeth <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 12:10:44 -0500
It will accept an initial, such as "Vendala T."  or "B. Allen."  Or maybe
she has a family surname you could use?

Elizabeth

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Jane Lyle
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 10:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Subscribing a new member with a one-word name

I just tried to subscribe a new member to one of my lists. She is from a
country where people tend to go by a single name, and her one-word name is
also her e-mail user name. When I try to add her, I get the error message
"Please specify the FULL name." But this *is* her full name. Is there
something in the configuration settings that I can change to deal with
this situation? If so, I'm not finding it. I certainly don't want to have
to make up a name for her just to appease Listserv, and I don't want to
subscribe her as "Anonymous," because she isn't.

Thanks if you can help.

Jane