Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 10:25:30 -0400
On 22 Jun 99, at 13:35, Deborah Cresswell wrote:

> I have edited the SIGNOFF2 template.  But is there any way I can switch
> the other (output of your job) message off, either with .QQ or getting
> my administrator to do it?

The only way to send commands to LISTSERV without having it acknowledge
that it has acted on those commands is to use the // JOB command with a
Reply-To=None (documented in the Developer's Guide):

// JOB Reply-To=None
SIGNOFF listname
// EOF

If the commands are coming from a script, it may make sense to do this.

If you want to train your subscribers to use those 3 lines when it's hard
enough to train them to get just the SIGNOFF command correct... It's far
simpler to let them delete the command response when they get it.

Francoise