Judith Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Apr 1997 13:25:12 -0400
Samantha
  How about the definition given in List Owner's Manual for LISTSERV,
version 1.8c.  December 12, 1996 initial release.

    LISTSERV [registered trademark sign] is a system that allows
    you to create, manage and control electronic 'mailing lists'
    on a corporate network or on the internet.     p. 2.

  That same definition is given on p. 5 of General User's Guide for
LISTERV, version 1.8c.  December 16,1996 initial release.

   The latter document goes on to discuss mailing list software
terminology and might be a useful source for your project.

Judith Hopkins, Listowner of Autocat