Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 10:54:14 PDT
> Date:         Wed, 28 Aug 1996 13:15:21 -0400
> From: "C.A.Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
>
> ... Why is it doomed from the start to have a dynamic ip?

Because to be "subscribed to" or to "own" a discussion list means that
a constant, specific, invariant, unchanging, always-the-same email address
is provided as the subscription or owner address. LISTSERV can not
follow you around unless you tell it where you are going --BEFORE you
go there. I hear that the LISTSERV "Follow-me= <YourSocialSecurityNumber>"
keyword _is_ being worked on, but that it won't be ready until the
next year  ;>)
Peter R.