Ken Boschert <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 17 Dec 1993 00:00:04 CST6CDT
A followup to my post yesterday about the bouncing mail from the non-list
user.  An account at the site had recently been removed from the local
mailer since that person was no longer with the University.  Bounces had
been directed by the (clueless) mail administrator to be sent to the "FROM:"
field, thus, as list owner I got nothing, but people who had sent mail to the
list did receive the bounce.  As someone else mentioned, it does indeed
confuse those novice list users who've never seen a bounce and think that
something went wrong.  Answer:  Remove offending user from list....all's
well.  Thanks for the many suggestions I received in answering this problem.

Ken Boschert