Margaret King <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 May 2005 11:57:01 -0400
A few questions for you:

(1) Does either of the following seem likely, from what you know
     about your workplace:

     (A) Your boss requested this list be set up with you as the
         owner, and hasn't gotten around to tell you,

      and/or

     (B) Your site has made it so darn easy to request a list
         that practical jokers are having a field day

     (Note:  If the answer is "C, Your boss is a practical joker"
      you need more help than this list can provide, and may want
      to check out http://www.monster.com/   ;-)  )

(2)  Do you know who the site maintainer is at your site?  If you
      send a message to [log in to unmask] (substituting the name
      of your site for your.site obviously) and in the body of the
      message put the single word:  help
      you should get back a message telling you who maintains the
      server.  Hopefully this person knows who requested your list,
      although Murphy's law pretty much guarantees that he or she
      is on vacation this week.  It is also possible to write to
      [log in to unmask] - anything sent there should go
      to the site maintainer.

(3)  Do you know the other subscriber?  Does he or she have a clue
      what is going on?

(4)  Is the list set up so that non-subscribers can post, i.e. are
      you getting mail from the list that is not from you nor from
      this other subscriber?  Are you getting subscription requests?
      You must be getting something, or it wouldn't bother you,
      right?

(5)  What version is your site running, and does it have a web
      interface?

Margaret King
Michigan State University