Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 May 1998 11:58:59 -0600
On Tue, 19 May 1998 10:10:18 -0700, Mark Drake <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>It seems that I could GET the appropriate logs, remove his
>posts, the PUT them back.  However, I was wondering if this
>would cause problems, due to article count or some arcane
>database requirement.

The philosophy of whether or not you <should> do this has been extensively
argued.  The mechanics however, are to do as you suggest, then do a GET/PUT of
the List Header (no changes need be made).  the PUT of the header forces
LISTSERV to rebuild its index files for the archives.  This would also be done
automatically overnight.