Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 09:50:45 EST
Assuming I'm reading this right :) the difference is that FILTER_ALSO
disallows specified users the right to post or subscribe to lists on
the server, whereas TRAPIN is a list of addresses from which LISTSERV
flatly refuses to accept <any>  mail and TRAPOUT is a list of addresses
to which LISTSERV should never send mail (instead it sends such mail
to the postmaster).  TRAPIN and TRAPOUT were provided under VM to help
in situations involving brain-damaged mailers.  I suppose TRAPIN could
be used to stop robots or *@IAF.NET from being able to send ANYTHING to
LISTSERV, but I don't know as I'd advise it.

Nathan