Dennis Budd <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:54:23 -0600
Well if I were in Rich's situation, I would do it so people who
retrieve the archives via e-mail won't have their receiving mail size
limitations exceeded.  (This has happened to me in the distant past
when my account was still on VM/CMS; I never got a notification from
my mail system that the message was rejected; and I never was able to
figure out until a year later why I couldn't retrieve the log file.)
I know there are ways to split large archives up when you retrieve
them; I've used them; but subscribers should have to go through as
little of that as reasonbly possible.

For people who access the archives via the web, I don't see that it
provides any advantage.

Dennis