Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 1 Aug 1997 18:20:52 -0400
Andy Charrier <[log in to unmask]> asked:

>If there is a FAQ that answers this question, please point me the right
>way.  But here is my question:  I want to add [LISTNAME-L] to the subject
>line of each post to the L.

If you want it to be other (e.g. shorter) then your list name, then add to
your header:

*  subject-tag= LISTNAME-L

Then I suggest you add to your Welcome message:

|SET <LISTNAME> SUBJecthdr
|
|Some subscribers may desire to have the system automatically identify mail
|from the List by adding the Listname to the subject line.

Then if you want this to be the default for new subscribers, add to your
header:

*  default-options= repro,NOMIME,subjecthdr
Note: if "shorthdr" or "dualhdr" appears on the default-options line, you
need to remove it.

But then you'd have to put in your Welcome how to turn it off. People using
filters don't need this option, and it just takes up space in the subject
line.

Finally, if you want to change existing subscriber's setting you can, but I
am not a fan of this. For one thing this (I believe) will screw up the
people that have set themselves to DUALhdr, which is needed on some
corporate LANs for the authors name to come through. But if you do, send
this command:

quiet set <listname> subjecthdr for *@*

Don.