Andy Carvin <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 15 Aug 1995 08:59:53 -0400

> Greg Raven, <[log in to unmask] (Greg Raven)> has just sent some
> very offensive Holocaust denial material (2 batches!) to the members
> of the Holocaus(t) list, one member at a time. The header was about
> 22 pages long.  I suspect this is technically not considered spamming
> since he is sending the material to indivduals rather than lists.
> On the other hand, I can imagine few more vicious and heinous acts
> of mental cruelty than sending this kind of material to hundreds of
> people who may themselves be victims or the children of victims. Is
> there some way this kind of activity can be stopped!
>
> In pain and anger!
>
> Ingrid Shafer ([log in to unmask])

You can complain directly to Kaiwan's administrator at [log in to unmask]
There's a chance that Raven might have had to sign some form of
acceptable use policy when he received his account, so that might be of
some leverage. Then again, if every member of the Holocaust list (as well
of those of us not on the list who are ticked off by this) sent the
administrator a complaint, who knows what could be done. But I just took
a look at Raven's www page - http://www.kaiwan.com:80/~greg.ihr/ - and it
certainly seems there's no chance of changing his mind on what he did. :(

ac

   WW                           Andy Carvin
 | oo |    _WWWWW_
(|_()_|)  /  o o  \    (+)(+)   Education and Information
  \__/  (|  __o__  |) /      \  Technology Fellow
Visit EdWeb, The Online K-12 Guide, at http://edweb.cnidr.org