Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 09:53:03 -0700
On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 09:27:12 -0500, Tom Rawson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>                Last error: SMTP; 553
>                            <[log in to unmask]@DOMAIN.
>                            COM>. .. No such user

This is a case where trying to be anonymous works against you.  There are a
couple of forwarding services (iname.com is one) that seem to be having a lot of
this trouble lately.  If we could see the real domain involved it might help
diagnosis.  But yes, it is a bad mail server somewhere else that is mangling the
address in the error report.  Set  Auto-Delete= No in the List Header and
process the errors manually for a day or 2 and you will see.