Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 11:44:53 EST
Hello people;

It seems that this is my day to do lots of Listserv administration. I
received warning that the Listserv disk on which our 200+ list's notebooks
are kept is getting full. Many of the lists here on TEMPLEVM are extremely
prolific and most of them are set up with notebooks. What I was wondering
is whether or not there's a way to have ALL lists here automatically remove
notebooks that're more than 6 months old.

I looked through the  documentation and I didn't see if  this was possible to
automate.  Someone told me a while back that you can put the clause:

6 months then erase (no send)

on the end of  the notebook keyword for individual lists. I  did that with my
own list and a few others as  a test several months ago. Unfortunately, these
lists still have notebooks on the Listserver which are way more than 6 months
old  for those  lists. If  this individual  Notebook parameter  works, that's
fine, but a global  one would be better. If anyone has  any ideas about this,
please post them here on Lstown-L since some other people may be curious what
the answer is too. Thanks.

  Stan  Horwitz  Internet: [log in to unmask]  Bitnet:  STAN@TEMPLEVM
  Temple University  -- Senior  Consultant (My  views are  all mine!)
  Manager of the Help-Net and Suggest lists and Listserv Postmaster.