George Buckner <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:33:05 -0400
I've been managing a bunch of lists, mostly confidential, that serve the various committees of a scientific research association.  Over the years we ended up with a few lists we no longer need, and a few new lists we do need.

I'd like to know whether it is easier for the listserv administrator to rename the lists, or add the new and delete the old.  I recently requested some lists to be renamed, but something still isn't working.

The first problem is that the alias defined in the LIST-ID for the renamed lists isn't working.  Mail sent to that address gets routed to the listserver, which rejects the message as an unrecognized command.

The second problem is that, on these and a few other lists that weren't even involved in this change, suddenly I am not allowed administrator access over the web interface.  It tells me my login address doesn't allow access, though it works fine with other lists, and they all allow my administrator access via email.

I've informed the listserv admin. about these problems but he doesn't seem to be picking up on this.  I'd like to pass along a few hints from this list if anyone has any to offer.

Thanks in advance.

George Buckner
Owner, ASSC-*@LISTSERV.UH.EDU