Tue, 28 Sep 1993 02:16:42 -0500
This is a warning about deleting files from your filelist if you are
working from UNIX.

If you regularly use Pine with the Pico editor, be advised you may not be
able to totally delete a file from your list's filelist.  You will
probably get the file down to one nrec, but it won't be totaly deleted
when you send in

PUT FILENAME FILETYPE LISTNAME PW=XXXXXXXX

with no file following the command.

However, if you switch over to Elm with the vi editor, using insert mode,
it will work.  Might also work if you use Pine with the vi editor, but I
haven't tried that.

Dense as I am, it only took me three or four hours of sending in various
attempts and waiting for the responses to figure this out.

        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]