Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:46:30 -0500
If you do the notebook file edits by way of get/put then the rest will
happen automatically, and promptly.  If you access the server file
system directly to edit the files, then you'll also need to delete the
*.db* and *.ind* files for the list, in the notebook and archive
directories.  Rebuilding of the indexes then will be automatic the next
time something "happens" to the list (header edit, message sent).

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/23/04 11:43AM >>>
I have a couple of questions about deleting individual messages from
list archives.  I can edit the actual notebook files to remove the
postings.  But, do I need to do something extra to have the changes
reflected in the Web archives?  Will the Web archive pages be rebuilt
automatically?  And if so, when does this happen?  Does the Listserv
server need to be restarted?  Or are these rebuilt periodically
automatically?

Thanks for any information.
Scott