Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 13:34:34 -0500
On 8 Mar 00, at 16:35, Kieran McKenna wrote:

> <snip> In preparation of
> the reload I decided to move the listsrv to a different machine. I copied
> everything I could find to be connected to the listsrv over to the new
> system, ran the install to setup the services, swapped the IP address. It
> seems ok now, but when ever a message is sent to the list the
> acknowledgement reports that the list is being held by the list owner, and
> that my message will post after the list is released.

Try sending the FREE <listname> command to LISTSERV. Since
you never sent a HOLD command to hold the list, it's unlikely that
the FREE command will work, but you should receive a message
from LISTSERV telling you *why* it is being held (you can also
look in the LISTSERV log file, because such a message was
probably already sent).

Without seeing the error message or the log file, I can't say for sure
why it was held, but my best guess is that the pathname for the
archives has been changed but the change has not been reflected
in the list header.

Francoise