Lou Schwing <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 21:34:41 -0800
At 11:21 PM -0500 12/23/98, Lance A. Brown wrote:

>What is the best way to do this?  Should I set it moderated and just
>not send any submitted postings through?  I'd prefer to just not
>accept any postings at all during the shutdown.

You could Hold your list, but then all the posts would be released when you
Freed it.  Your best bet is to issue:

QUIET SET listname NOPOST for *@*

This will force all posts to be returned, and you can then reset your own
options so you are the only one who can post, in order to explain your
actions.

You might also want to set everyone to review when you do reopen your list,
that way you can weed out the inevitable discussion of how you are a
brutal, oppressive listowner, hellbent on suppressing honest discussion,
blah, blah, blah. ;)

Good luck....

Lou