Glenn Alperin <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 15:03:06 -0500
>|Hmm - Simply doing a new add with the corrected name works for me.
>
>Remember that when a list-owner does an ADD for an "existing" RFC822
>address, that "case" matters in the userid portion; otherwise, you end up
>adding a second userid instead of replacing the first with a new name.
>
>/Pete

However, if the user is dealing with an OpenVMS system, then case doesn't
matter one bit.  For example, you could send e-mail to me at
[log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] or even
[log in to unmask] and I'm fairly well certain that all three would
get to me just fine.  Keep in mind, though, that most systems out there
are Unix systems of some variety where case sensitivity is an issue.

Glenn